Monday, March 15, 2010

New Addition Yellow Tail Coris Wrasse

Well on the weekend I went and purchased a smaller version of this Yellow Tail Coris Wrasse. The damn crab I did not know I had ate the smaller version. I was depressed...the damn crab also consumed a small Royal Gramma I had purchased....at that time I did not know the crab was in the tank. I thought it had died, but what I found was the molt of it's shell.
So the crab is still there and it eats small fish.....Okay. Well I was at the LFS and saw this larger version of the Yellow Tail Coris Wrasse, so I bit the bullet and purchased it.

Then I was doing further reading on the internet and others have reported that their YTCW ( short for Yellow Tail Coris Wrasse ;-)) buried itself in the sand for 4 days before coming out....well who knows maybe I have two YTCW now....time will tell. The bigger YTCW came out the very next day, just before dusk it buried itself into the sand bed and went to sleep. Awesome fish.




The YTCW buries in the sand to sleep at night and for protection when frightened or harassed. It Searches for food by turning over pieces of live rock and coral. Large individuals are very adept at this task, and thus can easily move objects around, which may cause aquarium rock formations to become unstable.


Typically not aggressive towards other fishes, but larger individuals may harass smaller tankmates. Adults are best kept singly or as a mated pair, otherwise territorial aggression may result.

Below is a picture of what an adult YTCW looks like a striking transformation in colour and appearance

No comments:

Post a Comment